Indian Coffee House: Story of the Old-school café that won my Heart

Hello my foodies friends...Welcome to my blog. I am a big coffee lover. This makes me explore cafes to a great extent to find a good taste to calm my nerves. Recently, I was in Jaipur to meet my sister and she took me to Indian Coffee House. Interestingly, I already knew about the place but I was not sure whether it is a place for me or not - as it seemed a little old schooled for me! But wait... my mindset changed about how I thought about Indian Coffee House and I am writing this blog to tell you how amazing it is and what flipped my mind. Keep reading to know more!     

Today our country is brimming with top notch coffee houses but there is this one coffee place which can be seen buzzing with activity and has lived the old and contemporary era both is the- Indian Coffee House.  
  
Indian Coffee House is know for having its branches all over the country. In Jaipur there are two branches - Original at MI Road and revamped inside the Jawahar Kala Kendra. I went to their branch at MI Road.  

A narrow alley took me to a calmer world and there I saw the gate of popular Indian Coffee House. Architectural buildings around the place add to the beauty of the place. This classic Iranian café look like restaurant gave me historic feels, as I entered.  It made me nostalgic, as the interior reminds the longevous generations. I don't know I kept looking at the pictures of Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and other well-known politicians and protesters around the place, that was so magnetic.    

As I talked to the Manager of the Coffee house, he told me that, the ambience of the place has never changed. He also added that the place was always filled with Intellectuals and like minded people like artists, writers, readers, painters etc. The furniture, paintings and walls are still the same as before and in no time takes transmits you back to the old era. 

The coffee house witnesses a full-time rabble, from youth to older citizens but most significantly, tourists. Additionally, there are separate seating arrangements for ladies and families. The seating arrangements are snug and comfortable.  

Apart from the ambience, the food maintains the quality. I ordered coffee first. There is no other coffee like this in entire Jaipur. It is indeed one heck of a coffee!!!The boiling hot coffee is served in a kettle while freshly made chilled cream is served alongside. The delish coffee is poured in the cup followed by the freezing cream. The extreme opposite temperatures go hand in hand. With every sip that is chugged, the coffee becomes tastier and even lusher. 

One cannot miss the dressing style of the waiters. I really feel they add a lot to the ambience. The dressing sense isn’t modern as the waiters are dressed in white coats and pants with a Nehru cap. But this gave me a major nostalgia.  
  
Furthermore, they have unique concepts of ‘Mutton Dosa’ and ‘Keema Omelette’. These dishes have surely never been heard before.  
  
For me the delight of having the best coffee in Jaipur at Indian Coffee House was really worth an experience. It’s a Coffee Shop in Jaipur serving Coffee and snacks for over five decades now. And they haven’t limit themselves to just coffee but they are known as a place to have tasty food in the city too. 
  
The best part about the Coffee House is that the prices are cheap and affordable. The menu is not very big, but if you are expecting a variety then you won't get disappointed. I am sure till now you must be craving for some delicious coffee. Well, then please go and visit this place at least once. Am sure you will thank me later. Go with your friends and families. You will relish this experience.  



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Haunted Temples in India | Must Read

5 Of The Most Expensive Books Ever Sold