Lockdown Lifestyle: Isolation has changed the way I look after myself

People are saying it is a difficult time. This situation of lockdown has seen parks close their gates, offices doing work from home, my favourite café and other outlets shut down and gyms are no longer open. All this may sound like a difficult time for you. But I am sure you are coping well with this and doing your part of staying inside your shells.  

I am writing this blog to make this time count. I want you to count the days with me like an opportunity. Let’s make this time worthy.  

We all have been directed to stay at home, take precautionary measures, maintain social distancing, and furthermore, maintain hygiene. Most of the employees of the corporate sector like me are working from home and keeping themselves quarantined to halt the spread of the virus. But a reality – it has changed us a lot!  

Yes, I agree it is changing me. Well the most important point - I have become more responsible towards maintaining hygienic habits.  

Well for those of you who don’t know, I live on my own in Delhi NCR and I am working from home just like most of you these days.  

In normal days I was having a cook at my place, but now I am cooking my own meals. This ritual of cooking food by myself is making me cook and eat nutritious food. Isn’t this amazing? 

But I just saw a video of ‘How to make Golgappa at home’ trending on YouTube. In addition, many of the people in my network are making the same. I know this, because they are posting it on Social Media!  


Even my mother is cooking her Sunday special meals like ‘Chole Bhature’ and ‘Pav Bhaji’ in week days. Yes! She is also posting the pictures on Social Media. Modern Parents!  

My social network is a little off-road these days. Under complete lockdown connecting with friends seems impossible. Speaking with them over phone calls and doing a video call is the only option left during this phase. At least for now it is in fashion and has become a new part of the contemporary lifestyle. I heard about a few apps getting popular during this time - ‘Houseparty’ and ‘Zoom’. Honestly, I downloaded one of them, but didn’t try. Anyone of you tried it yet? Let me know in the comment box how it is? 

It is important to see that not everyone is lucky to see another day nor will we get a chance like this to be at home with people we love. Well this is a battle that we can win just doing nothing and sitting back at our homes! So why not just do it?  

I heard it from my father - “Sarve Jana sukhino Bhavantu” which means ‘Let the People of the world be happy’.  

My lovely readers! this lockdown has taught me to evolve and upgrade. It has made me resilient to change and overcome the challenges.   

Positive Mantra that I learnt from this situation is - ‘Life and its chapters will keep growing but we need to adapt to positive and lateral thinking to fit into the fonts of the book. Clearly, the choice of being bold, italics or normal is left to you. Mother Earth will survive with or without us.’  

I would love to know from you – Your story – how are you my friends dealing with this?  

Let me know how you feel about this blog in the comment section below.  

Stay healthy, Stay Safe!  

Comments

  1. Hmm absolutely right dear....I am also enjoying this period now and updating myself with new experiences.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Haunted Temples in India | Must Read

Indian Coffee House: Story of the Old-school café that won my Heart

5 Of The Most Expensive Books Ever Sold